View Single Post

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Mar 13, 2008, 09:57 AM
R3ptile, it's fine if you make suggestions or even voice opinions, but if you don't stop flaming then you will soon be gone from this topic. I am not keeping you from voicing any of the opinions you have, but the tone needs to change. If you have problems with that decision take them to PM. I will not tolerate such discussion here.

Now for non-admin mode:

It's obvious every bash that old people who generally don't play (that often) show up. That's the whole fun in bash: for once there are more than just 6 people online, and all the inactive people play again for a few days. If it's just the same people that you play in 4vs4s you could just as well organize those. If you just like the fact a level pack is assembled - that's something that can be done every day of the year.

Bash packs have also always been a mixture of recent levels and some old levels. This is for a reason. You don't just celebrate the past year, but you celebrate all years. It's been obvious that quality of levelmaking has increased over the years, and that lots of people don't like having too much old levels in bash, both for quality reasons and that you get tired of old levels. In some recent bashes, once 24 Hour Coffee started being played, the server emptied up. It's good to find a balance between new levels and old (really good or underplayed) levels. I'd propose something like 75% new 25% old or 80%-20%.

It's just simple fact the target audience is all jazzers, and you should make sure yo try and cater to all of them. Just ignoring them or telling them to go away and die doesn't make the event better.

As for hosting, start yelling about not wanting one of the usual solutions if you can actually provide one yourself. Propose a way that a hosting arrangement can be made that involves reliability. A bash can't depend on one host/admin, it needs multiple for when the server dies. This involves VNC or sharing of duties. If you can't set up a reliable arrangement that involves this, there's no reason to propose hosting.

PS: I don't think 24 Hour Coffee is a bad level. It's actually fun. It's just that it's been in so much bashes everybody knows it and has played it too much

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Last edited by FQuist; Mar 13, 2008 at 10:11 AM.