Zah dud4h

JCF Member

Zah dud4h is doing well so far

Apr 25, 2021, 10:41 PM
Ok so i decided to test this locally due to how the servers rolled back to 5.7

we have 2 things that modify the speed of the player (or push the player):
Flips and Bounces

Now from what i understand
Let's separate the terms "Colliding" and "Hurt",thus implying that colliding does not necessarily mean you are hurt

A. Flips are the feedback speed whenever you get HURT by a bullet
B. Bounces are the feedback speed whenever you COLLIDE with a bullet on your screen

What does /bulletbouncing ON do:

On bounce behavior :
- Host can get bounced by ammo
- The rest of the players cannot get bounced by ammo

(Disclaimer: i only tested this with stopped game or hacked the game so that the client thinks friendlyFire is on in a started game so that the client colliding with the bullet does not get hurt but still thinks it as an enemy bullet,both methods share the same result,i tried the friendlyFire hack method too in the bullet-reverted version and well,the allies do bounce on ammo there)

On flip behavior:
- It works as intended for both sides
- It knocks you back and pushes you upwards

What does /bulletbouncing OFF do:

On bounce behavior :
- Host ALSO cannot get bounced by ammo
- The rest of the players cannot get bounced by ammo

On flip behavior:
- It works as intended for both sides
- It just knocks you back without pushing you upwards

I know this was all disclosed but a fresh summary is not a bad thing

I thought about 2 options:
Modify the BulletBouncing command so that the rest of the players actually bounce on ammo if the setting is turned on
OR
Split the command into 2 commands,/bulletbouncing for bouncing on bullets and /bulletflipping for flipping on bullets (probably this was the so-called /miracle idea)

Another issue with this,as stated by Necrolyte,players that join with 5.8 in a server that is hosted in a older version,have bulletbouncing disabled by default (considering how flips behave the same as the command was turned off)

I hope this was helpful in finding a solution to this problem and i hope i was clear enough in my "analysis"
If not,please clarify what was less detailed/correct about my post

Last edited by Zah dud4h; Apr 25, 2021 at 11:00 PM.