View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jan 14, 2016, 06:26 AM
Best Battle of 2015: Special Edition HA! (Horizon Approaching by Sir Ementaler) - The deciding factor for me is the level's broad appeal, rather than a level specialized to certain game-modes or duels. The other levels in this category are still cool in my opinion, so it's not a vote against any of the other nominees!

Best CTF of 2015: Forgotten Civilization by Purplejazz. In terms of game-play, I think this is the most solid level of the bunch, and I don't think the theme and eye-candy disappoint either. Coagulation and PBA2K15 were the hardest to judge on my list, and I had issues with the sparse power-up placement in Coagulation and hard-to-reach places in PBA2K15 (You like semi, BR?). PBA2K15 has, in my opinion, the most impressive theme of any jj2 ctf level though. The other levels in this category have things that put me off, like the triggered paths in candlelight castle and certain spring placements in sacrosanct, but they are still mostly solid levels in my opinion.

Best Level Script of 2015: Jazzopoly. At first, I was going to vote for dilapidation, but I think the usage of angelscript in jazzopoly is more considerable. I'm not a huge fan of monopoly, but I like jazzopoly enough to vote it as the best script of 2015. I still acknowledge the other nominees, like Violet's test.

Best JCSer of 2015: Purplejazz. This category is the easiest for me, since he made a lot of very solid levels that year, some are still unfinished/nearly finished. It's too bad he didn't release his pack on time. I acknowledged a Loon win for best JCSer of 2015, and I almost voted for him. Treylina released a lot of updated older levels, and I like them, but I want new stuff. Besides Shadow, the other nominees only have 2 uploads. Speaking of Shadow, I think he and ML had a strong year. It's too bad we don't have "Best Level Group of (year)".

I don't want to vote in the other categories, because I don't have very strong opinions on their nominees.

Skulg's tile-set is cool in my opinion, but I think it has flaws, like the shines on the blood vessels etc, and I'm not sure if I'd ever use it. It's a very cartoony set, which is appropriate for jj2, but I'm not sure what to think of the eyeballs in a brain, unless it's in an abstract dream sort of level.

Last edited by FireSworD; Jan 24, 2016 at 08:57 PM.