View Single Post
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Jul 7, 2006, 03:30 PM
Dear J2O Downloaders, You're all shallow.

I feel that after getting over 70 downloads, and 15 reviews, on this parody of a recent Wallpaper upload I should at least give back to the community a bit more than a poorly done wallpaper (Which I am quite fond of reading your interpetations on. I also like how all of them are mostly false), and this is it.
A simple letter. It reads as so.
Code:
Dear J2O Downloaders,
You're all shallow.
Signed,
n00b
ALL of you are shallow. I notice almost every time a purposely poor level/whatever is uploaded theres at least 7 reviews bashing it. At least seven. Whenever there is a highly praised SP pack, that same number occurs again. All it takes is one incredibly stellar or incredibly crappy upload, and the whole community jumps on and praise or bash the hell out of it.
Keep in mind, I did not request a review for my wallpaper.
I did not request critique for my scribbles.
You all brought it anyways. Meanwhile this diamond in the rough of a battle pack has a nice shiny logo reading "REVIEW PLZ".
Do you people not speak english or something? I hardly have time to review at all, so do alot of people. I also tend to not review MP levels since they require to be played online, and It's hard to find a host, and harder to find people to play in the level.
Regardless, you people had the time to bash a random wallpaper. You had the time to describe it despite 14 others already describing it for you, someone even had the time to be twice as shallow. Let me quote "da man"'s review:
It would be great if a level gets reviewed more times as well. This thing gets ‘reviewed’ lots of times. Anyway, this is pretty simple. I can’t draw very well myself, but this could have been much better.
I know most people are saying "Well whats wrong with that?". I'll tell whats wrong, he starts of by saying the wallpaper gets reviewed way to much (and frankly he's right) but he then goes on and does the exact same thing everyone else is doing.
This is the equivilent of a Police Officer telling you drugs are bad at a school rally and is then found afterwards in the bathroom snorting crack. I think the word is "Hypocrite".

So, J2Oers, I have a proposition for you: Maybe if you actually review good levels (and I'm also at fault here, I admit) then maybe people will have incentive to make good levels or improve really crappy ones. Also, ignore reviewing outlandishly bad uploadss when purposely done (because I'm ready to call all of you shallow again and type another rant, don't think I won't).
If all the 15 people who took the time to wastefully complain about a darn wallpaper invested that time review levels, and if by chance every 5 people reviewed the same level, we would have 5 reviews each for 3 levels. Thats more reviews than most levels actually get these days.
In a day where people complain there aren't good uploads, and there aren't enough reviews (Hell, uploads have resorted to pasting "Review plz" in their descriptions, at times to no avail) I'm deeply appaled at 15 people wasting about on a wallpaper instead of one of the dozens of other real, actual, levels that go unreviewed.

Last edited by n00b; Jul 7, 2006 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I got reviews and uploads mixed up. Tends to happen for this sort of thing