View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Dec 28, 2023, 05:01 AM
I've found another useful tool for upscaling JJ2. It's called Magpie and offers several different methods for upscaling from window mode to borderless fullscreen.

Notable upscaling methods include: Integer scaling, CRT geom and FSR1.

Another advantage is that it can disable the desktop composition vsync on borderless window mode. Meaning you will get screen tearing but there will no added input lag that you get from the desktop composition vsync on window mode.

If you've RTX 20xx GPUs or newer gpus than that, you can also disable the desktop composition vsync directly on window mode [meaning you don't even have to turn it into borderless window via magpie for this]. The game window itself will have screen tearing and reduced input lag. This has been possible thanks to multiplane overlay feature on newer cards.

I will add more details on magpie on the 1st post later. But for now, here are some example screenshots with different scaling methods:

Nearest neighbor:

CRT-Geom:

FSR1:

800x450 upscaled to 1920x1080 with FSR1 looks quite decent from my first impression. It's usually a hit or miss but the art assets of this game seems to scale well here.