View Single Post

JCF Member

Leus AKA Simba is doing well so far

Apr 17, 2011, 07:28 PM
I really didn't want to be a d-bag and vote for my own, but I think I'm gonna end up doing it because I'm legitmately happy with how my concepts turned out and just genuinely had the most fun playing it.

Highly Dangerous Uterus was REALLY tough; I died countless times. It's definitely an effectively hard boss battle, but I think maybe a little TOO hard for me... At least with my rusty skills.

Sparx Factory was pretty tough too, having to dodge all the sparx and flying maces and whatnot. Plus, it had a baller custom tileset and looked really nice. I liked the coin collecting concept; my first idea centered around a similar concept, actually, but it was too puzzle-based for the boss battle-oriented nature of the contest.

This End Up was rad, really well-done and a lot of thought and time put into it. (Very tough as well.) It also had the most unique gameplay elements of the three, ones I'd never experienced in Jazz before. I might have even voted for this, and it might very well deserve to win, but I thought it might have been a little too far from centering around the boss battle... In fact, the battle itself wasn't a battle at all, but just depended on resource accumulation and rationing. Still, awesome concept.

BollyWorld, I don't want to say too much about it 'cause I'll feel like a d-bag like I said. It definitely didn't have good eye candy or anything, but I think the gameplay elements turned out really nicely. I had to go through several concepts and trials before I was happy with the balance of varied and unique gameplay, toughness--in that, it's not TOO tough--and playability. It's also possible that there were some things I didn't account for that made it less fun to play for other people, but I enjoyed it and whether or not it wins I'm proud of it. I'd love to know what you guys think about it.

Anyway, best of luck to all contestants. It was a blast to be involved in this, and I hope to do more like this in the future.