Thread: JDC Season 20
View Single Post

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

May 17, 2011, 03:10 AM
hehe true dat Ana, activity counts for the most. Although you have to admit that with winners like SJ, Chiyu, Veg, Dizzy, Thunder, one has to agree that quality wins in the end. If only because all of the great jj2ers want to win JDC at least once in their careers and if they couple their quality with quantity, they win. But true, you can't win without being seriously active through most of the season.

And I wouldn't say that's such a bad thing either. It's your own choice after all. That's the beauty of jdc, compared to duel tourney's, JJ2WC or even the ladder - it allows for the whole community to participate.
I for one will probably do more 2v2's than in the last seaons, and I'll also go for more events than last year.

And yes, events friggin rule. You don't play completely seriously, yet you want to win, which means that you're not nervous and defensive like in CW's, so it's a completely different playing experience - it almost sets you free (JDC luft macht frei, if you will) Not to mention the sheer scale of the events, where you really do get an incredible amount of players all playing. This is something no other jj2 tourney can achieve. Now I'm not saying JDC is the alfa and omega of jj2, but what I am saying is that, even if we put tradition aside, JDC still offers a different take on JJ2.

All hail the JDC crew!!
Those of us, who are about to die, salute you!!

Gamer Pryde Worldwide