View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 21, 2011, 10:56 AM
Obi1: Not implemented yet by any means, but I don't imagine it'll present any serious difficulty since I'm already rendering levels at any resolution at all and the two are pretty much the same.
DoubleDJ: Right now the way I'm doing the event text makes that more difficult than it should be, but said way is also getting increasingly unsustainable the more I think about it, so hopefully I'll find a way to make that possible. It won't show up against all backgrounds very well, but I guess that's why it would be an option. EDIT: Stopped derping and started rendering the different difficulty levels by appealing directly to GL.Color4, rather than wasting time generating every texture four times, so now I feel much more comfortable continuing to use textures for event names. Consider this an easy addition!
Jake: Not a high priority, but sure, that can happen. I think something similar is in that big thread full of interface suggestions.

I'll probably put up a downloadable version once the very most basic level editing functionality is in place, mostly just to get reports of whether it messes up loading or saving any particular level, since I'm only really testing it on a pretty small set and conceivably there's something I just haven't thought of. From there, priorities will continue along the lines of replicating everything else JCS does and then building off of that, aside from certain features that just complement each other well (no point in adding an Undo button and then not adding Redo until some time later). Version changing is the exception so far because it has to be well integrated with saving.

ETA: If anyone wants to be super duper helpful, I don't know how Animaniacs events work, nor the structure of 1.00g/h .LEV files at all, but would love to write code supporting them given some proper specs.

ETA2: A question for y'all. As you've probably noticed, tile 0 uses a different color in JCS than the transparency of every other tile. However, the difference is between 72,48,168 and 79,48,168, and that's really small. Would it be best to make a more dramatic difference, leave the colors as is, or make all transparency look the same?

Last edited by Violet CLM; Jul 21, 2011 at 03:51 PM.