JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
First off, do you have the J3CS patch?
You mean this?
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/jj3mp/
No, I'm not using that, but it shouldn't be a problem to copy over existing code to this patch (Assuming I know where to look)
If it's something else though, what is it and where can I find it?

Quote:
Menu's. Ill take a look into this. Jump height thing, I would suggest just a short/high jump, not the many midgrounds.
By menus I meant the main and pause menu being quite glichy, I've already started working on it and made it much more consistant. You may notice that there is no option for the roaming camera in the controls menu anymore.
I think I broke the Roaming camera *Trollface*, but it was not very useful. I might redo it later, but there are some more important things now to do.

Also, the graphics menu is actually quite broken (I'm partially to blame), but I'm working on it.

About the jump height - All i'd have to do is find where the keys are defined and add a variable for holding the jump key. In this way I could just decrease the Z velocity of Jazz if he's going up and the player isn't holding the jump key.

Making two specific jump heights would actually be kind of hacky and not exactly very good overall. There is actually code for a double jump, which really does work, but I feel that a dynamically changing jump height actually fits here much better.

Quote:
The treasure hunt code works perfectly fine online already. The battle code needs to be completely restructured, but that could be snatched in part from UT99 if there is motivation to. CTF works pretty well too but you only ever join Red Team.

EDIT:
In the code there is content for Assault, CTF, Deathmatch and Domination copied directly from UT99 that could potentially be activated. It also includes halfwritten code for a Co-OP mode, and a game called "Leader of the Pack"
ENDEDIT
Interesting, I'll take a look into this. Hopefully we can eventually get this to work.

Quote:
Model Importing, you know I think I actually have a solid idea how to do that, let me experiment.
It had something to do with writing special actors that would load the *.3D files from somewhere. My problem is that I can't seem to find a proper converter that would work with files exported from Blender (I can use 3ds max, too, but... I'm kinda being really "Legal" for some time now... and no, I don't think Jazz3 really counts.)

Quote:
-the inventory (Default "n") needs fixing or removal.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, too, the interface itself is kind of broken in the game, there's a lot to do, and it is on my list.

Also, there is the Tab key, that by default acts as the "Talk/Say" key in Unreal. It locks your controls, but it's fixed once you hit Escape. This key will be disabled alltogether in the next release (You can actually disable it in the User.ini file).

Quote:
-When you change the "Target" setting to detached mouse in the options all Jazz's animations break
Like I previously mentioned, I kinda broke the Controls menu. If you hit the Enter key, it probably acted as if you changed the camera mode to roaming - Like I said, I kind of broke the code, so it's pretty glitchy now.

This will be fixed in the next release though.

Quote:
-when going to JRocket2 you get an Error "Cannot Find starting point"
Oh? I have to take a look into this...

Last edited by JazzGruff; Jan 20, 2012 at 06:37 AM.