View Single Post

JCF Member

Blade has disabled reputation

Feb 18, 2018, 05:02 PM
Aztec 2

Hello all! I am ready to show a screenshot of my upcoming tileset. Dear friends, please meet Aztec 2

Aztec 2 Mountain View

Aztec 2 is a revisit to my oldest proper tileset and the idea for this set was actually thought up ten years ago. I really didn't think I would make it happen but here we are. In Aztec 2 you will find familiar Aztec elements such as clean square tile blocks, hanging vegetation, goofy Greek letters and a mountain range in the background. The tileset features highly customisable tree building tiles, something that throws back to the one small sad tree in original Aztec. The tileset has a textured background, but so far I have preferred this simple reddish sky. The tileset currently sits at 1430 tiles and this will still go up. I need to add some vital eye candy tiles, but all should be ready for launch after that is done.

During creation of Aztec 2 I was obviously inspired (and still am) by a multitude of pixel artists. I studied quite a lot pixel art for this tileset and some thank yous will be in order once I release this tileset. The trees and its leaves are definitely Agama-esque even if my tree trunks are not as large as in Agama's fabled Swamp tileset.

Additionally thank you for all the answers you have provided me in this thread. Your words were really useful and and I feel considerably less like a noob.

I hope this sneak peek has brought you joy and if you have something to comment on, please do.

Cheers all,

Yours sincerely, Blade

Last edited by Blade; Feb 18, 2018 at 05:23 PM.