View Single Post

JCF Member

Blade has disabled reputation

Apr 15, 2018, 10:39 PM
Hello Violet!

You are definitely onto something here and I have to say, you have super keen eyes.

No, I am not an employee of Desix. But yes, you have found the inspiration picture I used as a reference for the background in Aztec 2 (actually, the exact image is this ). In Desix's work I found exactly the kind of atmosphere I wanted in Aztec 2 so I sought out to have a similar aesthethic. As a result one can see similarities between my work and the Desix's with the most outstanding similarity being the color palette. The colors used in Aztec 2 are indeed close to the original with my work having more reddish and bluish hues. Despite the colorspace similarity, all of the background in Aztec 2 is my own work, pixel-by-pixel.

Here's how the complete final Aztec 2 background looks like:

I have no delusions about this, my work does look a lot like the one I drew inspiration from. I have asked some friends about the similarities and they have indicated to me that to them this is no problem. You may remember earlier in this thread when I said that when released I need to send out some thanks for the inspiration. I want to stress out that in no point I intended to hide similarities between my work and the work of others.

What do you guys think? Am I crossing a line here? If it is decided my background work on Aztec 2 is too much like Desix's work, I will just have redo my background art.

Last edited by Blade; Apr 16, 2018 at 02:55 AM.