View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 4, 2015, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
The thing is, art, level design, and programming are all skills which you get better at with time. And, no matter how bad you are at them, you will always think you're worse than you are(That's my experience anyway).
If you want to be able to do something, just try it. It's as simple as that. If you want to continue complaining about not being intelligent enough or whatever, fine, do that, but you could be spending this time learning to program, instead of wasting it on arguing about how good of an artist you are.
Nah, that's just sleeping time I waste. Also, I had enough years of being told how bad I am programming, I don't want this anymore. Since I was 8, I used to go to some free programming courses. The first 2-3 years went pretty well, I think. I used to work on Borland Pascal. I could easily do a program which asks you stuff or asks you for two variables and then it substracts them or stuff like that. When stuff became harder I couldn't keep up with my friends, and after 6 almost pointless years going there I finally gave up. The last 3 years I only went to see my friends and since they were free courses no one cared I wasn't doing anything. Pascal? I failed. HTML? Heck no... I ended up making some crappy Scratch games, and one of them got me two diplomas and a medal. It wasn't even a good game, I don't know how this even happened! It's still online if anyone's curious what am I talking about, but don't expect too much from it...: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/3298477/ Anyways, all these years when I tried to keep up with my pals' programming were wasted years. As always, I went full off-topic. Going to sleep, good night.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz