View Single Post

JCF Member

Skulg is doing well so far

Feb 5, 2015, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primpy View Post
Of course, but Spaz is overrated, and it's just surprising how many people preffer Spaz instead of Jazz. Jazz is the main character after all, and the helicopter ears are really useful, especially when you don't know what bonuses you could miss when falling (Like the shield in the second Hell - not Damn - level). His high jumping powerup compensates Spaz's double jump, but it's harder to handle. All the characters have buttstomp, which is good. Spaz's kick isn't that useful, but better when there are multiple enemies ahead (which could be easily destroyed with any weapon, but yeah).
That's an interesting view. I personally am surprised at how many people prefer playing Jazz - sure he's the main character and he's really awesome, but I find Spaz more efficient and convenient to handle. His sidekick allows him to kill horizontally, as opposed to Jazz who can only kick/punch vertically, and if I remember correctly, it also instant-kills enemies you'd have to shoot several times otherwise. Depending on where you start the kick, he'll either go down a slope or go horizontally through the air to attack a flying enemy. I find this pretty handy.

I often find myself getting 'stuck' in Jazz's flight animation if I accidentally press jump twice, which sometimes costs valuable micro seconds, much to the advantage of enemies who can just rush up to me and kill me as I'm trying to get out of that slow flight sequence. I find Spaz much easier to handle when in the air, as he twists and turns faster. But then again, I might be just clumsy, or a speed addict, or both.