View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 21, 2017, 06:06 AM
Neither actually runs for me on Windows 10, so take this with a grain of salt. But the important files for both versions (Anims.j2a, Jazz2.exe, Data.j2) are identical, and both contain the same levels, so there are likely no important differences that concern the game itself. The difference is more likely to be in distribution; 1.00h contains readme and license files that 1.00g doesn't, as well as an uninstaller. Some files that seem to be only good for debugging are removed as well.

Extrapolating, I think it is likely that Epic decided their OEM release needed some extra cleanup at some point, and upped the version number to reflect that this was a new iteration of their release. But the game itself seems unchanged.

(Curiously, there's a CARD.GID file in my 1.00g release, which seems to belong to an unrelated card game... could this be the missing link to Jazz Jackrabbit's Poker Broker????)