View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 22, 2016, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
And are you making backgrounds? If you do, I'd love to have the Holidaius mountains in it!
Funny should you mention that, I actually actively considered it. The Holiday Hare tilesets have probably the best currently available mountain background, yet for some reason most tilesets that reuse graphics from official sets choose to go with the tiny Diamondus mountains. I've yet to see how it actually fits the rest of the set though. I hope to include more background options than offered by most tilesets, because it gives a set a much higher reusability factor. Besides, the amount of layer 4 eyecandy already bumped the tileset into the TSF-only region, so might as well do my best to make good use of the remaining space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKainz View Post
I'm working on a new level. This time, for the movement started by Sir Ementaler to make good levels withous any use of Plus or Angelscript, I'm making a Single Player level that doesn't require JJ2+ to work.
Whereas I appreciate the mention, I think that's misinterpretation of my intentions. AngelScript is a brilliant tool that can greatly improve a level, and the only reason I didn't use it in my recent levels is that I think it would conceal or overshadow the point I was trying to make about what event-sized multiplayer levels should look like. The goal was to demonstrate advantages of an alternative style of level design, and to do that is much easier when level design is the only gameplay factor, as opposed to the addition of scripting.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.