View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 PM
JJ2+ Splash Screen

Have you ever sat around worrying to yourself "gee, I wish I could contribute to the JJ2+ project, but I have no programming skills! All I have is a digital art degree from an insanely prestigious university and lots of free time."? Well, worry no longer! You too can help.

Look at those outdated logos.

That, of course, is the splash screen that shows up whenever you start JJ2. Not only have we been seeing it or its TSF-exclusive cousin every day (YMMV) for fifteen years (again, YMMV), neither of the logos at the bottom are even current anymore. So that's where you come in! If you draw us a great enough new splash screen, we'll put it in future releases of JJ2+ to replace the original! All you have to do is make a 640x480 picture using this 256 color palette.

Fine print:
  • You may use existing artwork, although if you want to use someone else's fanart, you really should contact them for permission. Besides that, content is left up to you.
  • Multiple submissions are fine. Everyone likes pictures!
  • If no submission is deemed suitable for the JJ2+ splash screen, none will be accepted. So don't post a random picture of a pony just because nobody else has submitted anything and you think you'll win by default.
  • There's no deadline because we don't know when the next release will be, so do it sooner rather than later, I guess???