View Single Post

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Nov 1, 2005, 08:26 AM
I do not know about these precedents.. I haven't noticed them. Preventing posting on one of the accounts seems to be a good measure in whatever situation.

Maybe it's precedented.. I still think that renaming just for the vanity thing of making your registered date display as older is not a good thing (so it would be a bad precedent). Renaming seems to be a good thing, it allows users to continue identifying (feeling connected and involved) with their jcf accounts even when they get another name. Vanity renaming and especially name switching seems to me that it grants us work while having very little benefit to anyone, not being neccessary at all for having the user still identify with their account, and having the negative result of the user's post record breaking. I definitely consider that last thing to be an issue. I would generally disrecommend switching for that reason. (I also must think about the future warning system here and how it would break too this way)

As Link is the admin most involved in name changing though (having designed the policy too) I'll heed to his opinion.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm