Thread: The Conquistar
View Single Post
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 27, 2003, 01:19 PM
lol, very funny. Get used to it, Rad ;p
That part comes later, Acid.
I've got like 5 minutes on here so I have to say it quick: I picked your idea, Rad. The Conquistar it is (mainly because I found it in the dictionary. It's spanish for 'conquer', you were right.)
For the chappie.

Electrik was quiet as they left Tec far behind. Copper was determined to lose the Kiyrenin - and Shinyso.
Finally, once in the relative safety of hyperspace, he spoke.
"You shouldn't trust me."
"I don't," Copper replied without looking at him.
"If it worked on Shinyso, it could have worked on me."
"True."
"I wouldn't even know it, would I?"
"Probably not."
"Brainwashing shows," Acid finally said. "If it worked, I'll know."
"Are you certain?" Coppertop said, finally turning to face him. "Our lives are in the balance. All of us are."
"I'm sure. I live with him, remember?"
"All right. I'll keep that in mind. Meanwhile, there's something a bit more serious, which Crystal, Eval, Rad and Kaz don't know." She paused, then continued quietly. "The reason why Shinyso didn't come wasn't because I didn't have the chance to get him. In fact, we met. The reason why he's not here is because he's Kiyrenin."
"The brainwashing worked, then," Radium said finally. She nodded.
KRSplat siad, "he demanded you, and Defalcon's and Copper's swords, at saberpoint. He'll probably come after us now."
"He knows me well enough to predict me," she said. "So, I think that Acid and Electrik should leave us. They'll be safer."
"No," Acid said. "Neither of us are fighters, and we'll be easy prey if we leave."
"Well, just so you know, you don't have to stay with me, any of you," she said calmly. "If you want to go, you can. At any time. I won't blame you."
"I'm not leaving," Defalcon said decisively. "Heck, I've had more action with you than I've had last year. How could I leave that?"
"Huh, you seem to be the only person who can put up with me," Kaz added. "You and KRSplat, that is."
"Kaz, we ARE the only people who can put up with you."
"Nothing else to do," KRSplat mused. Crystal nodded.
"I may be a good sniper, but I need experience. Skill isn't enough by itself."
- Not likely. I like your ship anyway. It has a slightly above average performance. I like it. -
"If I left, I'd probably end up right back here again," Radium pointed out. "Happens every time."
Claw simply gave her a Look. Acid shook his head with a slight smile when she looked at him, and Electrik attempted the same thing but just about fell over. She sighed.
"Well, if your minds are made up. I wouldn't dream of dissolving such resolution. I think you should all have a say in where we go at the moment, and not just me and Claw. So. Suggestions?"
"Kitow is secluded and often overlooked," Crystal said. "The Kitowri are withdrawn and unpredictable. We should be safe for a short time there."
"Okay. At the moment I have a course set for deep space, just to put them off. Shonar's already off, doing whatever. Radium, you're the Chaos Mage. Any chance of bringing Shinyso back?"
"Maybe," he said thoughtfully. The look she gave him said she knew very well that he had Shinyso's memories. Give them back to him. Maybe it'll bring him back.
Maybe.