View Single Post
proud2beamerican proud2beamerican's Avatar

JCF Member

proud2beamerican has disabled reputation

Aug 19, 2019, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
In all honesty, it sounds like you're trying to run TSF levels on 1.23 MLLE/JCS. You should set MLLE to the TSF version if you haven't yet. To do that, click Tools at the top, Change version then to v1.24 (TSF).
Whenever I open MLLE itself and I go to Tools -> Change version, the default is always v1.20-1.23. When I click on 1.24, close the program and reopen it the default version is still the same (1.20-1.23). I also tried to change the version to 1.24 and then open the level but the result is exactly the same as I would simply click on the level file - it crashes the MLLE.

I get exactly the same issue with some HH17 & HH18 levels. Would you guys crash your MLLE while trying to load HH18_level01 as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
I do recommend optimizing tile count regardless as a lot of tiles are prone to crashing the game regardless of version. I bet there would at least be some duplicates or unused spaces/tiles.
No duplicates, believe me. I checked many, many times. :P I have even eliminated all the tiles and animations that can be flipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seren View Post
A level cannot have more than 256 animated tiles.

It's possible to accurately emulate animated tiles using scripts, in case of which they wouldn't be limited, but depending on your usage it might not convenient to work with in level editors, and might overflow tile cache.
Yes, I do confirm. My level has exactly 256 animations and, while in JCS, I simply can not create any more. It may seem strange to you guys that someone has a need for having so many animations but in case of this project they are really needed.

"accurately emulate animated tiles using scripts" seems like my only solution, the problem is that I have no idea how to do that. Would anyone be interested in collaboration? I don't want to publish my files publicly before the project is fully done, but I would share it with anyone who would be interested in solving my problems.

Greatly appreciated,
Jeff