View Single Post

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

Aug 12, 2011, 01:16 PM
Restoring lost posts from old hosting provider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post

Haven't posted any shots in a few days, so here's one. Adding "Browse" buttons is something people've wanted for a long time, and I thought it would be fun to add some dropdown suggestions to the Next Level box. The first one is an automatic suggestion based on the filename Carrot1.j2l; if your level is saved as giantpack13.j2l, for instance, giantpack14 will get added to the dropdown list. Like the textured background stuff, the Bonus Level field will reappear if you specify in the .ini that you have a use for it. The Multiplayer checkbox doesn't actually do anything at the moment, but it's in there for completeness' sake. Text is not yet implemented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
Can we get an "Go to" button too? Would make more sense than having to type out the next level's filename in the Open prompt every time.

EDIT: How high can your Ambient Lighting box go? As far as I know it's doable to have +100 lighting on startup, so it wouldn't be bad to push the limit from 100 to 127.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
And, would it be possible to also go to the previous level? For example, using the name scheme or cache of some sort...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
cooba: Currently the next level is the default choice in the Open dialog. If that turns out to be counter-intuitive I could stick a button in the menustrip too, but I don't think such a button has any place in Level Properties.
I need to do some more work on ambient lighting, but yes, there's certainly no reason not to include the full range. The thing about the ambient lighting sliders in JCS is that, for no obvious reason, the numbers as stored in the .j2l file differ from the Set Light events and the Level Properties slider displays. Instead of giving you the full continuum of numbers between 0 and 100 to choose from, the sliders allow 0, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, etc., adding alternatingly 1 or 2 each time, meaning that the normal 100 is actually stored as 64 within the file. So I still have to do some modifying so that you see numbers closer to what you expect (i.e. type 100, save 64), but yes, the full game-understood range will definitely be included.
ETA: ugh, no, it's not as simple as alternatingly 1 or 2. Rather the pattern is 1212121221212122, repeating every sixteen numbers. Pfffffff.
ETA2: And fixed, thanks to the power of 1.5625.

Jake: In theory, I guess? Still, while I imagine the vast majority of levels only have one "previous" level, it does feel like a lot of fiddling and trickery for a fairly minor result.
Quote:
*expectations exceeded*
Quote:
Well, it would make it easier to find some certain level, for example, if browsing the devres. 'Oh fiddlesticks, I overshot that level with the properties menu button again. (Idea: the settings window stays open if that button is pressed (maybe if some settings))
Quote:
Quote:
Oh fiddlesticks, I overshot that level with the properties menu button again.
Well, that's an argument to not add any more buttons to Level Properties, I think.

There's always the "last 4 levels opened" list too.