View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Feb 16, 2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
These improvements all look fantastic! Next week once exams are done I'll be sure to test out alot more stuff! Out of curiosity, what are you basing new levels off of? I saw the waterfall one in diagrams but the others not as much. If I threw a few level ideas at you would that be okay?
Great to hear it! The levels you see before you are all edited, improved versions of the originals, except the map "Q.unr", which is a test level I created for.. well... testing. The waterfall level is actually JLow.unr, which is actually a pretty cool map, but it feels extremely early and far from finished. I did, however, fix some fundemental problems with it. for instance, originally the water zones didn't have water physics at all, so Jazz would just all through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Random User View Post
I would like this to have online competition just like in JJ2! Keep working on this, once you finish it, it will be popular I believe.
Once I get around understanding why the physics are different in the multiplayer mode and how to fix them (Along with the animations of the other characters), The multiplayer mode should be fully functional in no time, though I can't say how soon that will be.

But you'd still have to use something like Hamatchi in order to play it around the world, but the local multiplayer actually technically works very well. But yeah, it's something I'd like to do, but not as much right now as making the single player experience better.

Also, after all that I'll see what I can do with the cooperative play, which I am actually much more excited than the competitive mode (Even though the battle mode is easier to make ~ sort of). =D