View Single Post

JCF Member

Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend

May 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
I thought I had mentioned this already, but I guess I didn't after all.

It would be awesome if JJ2+ supported new events and event parameters to perform special things. As there are a lot of unused event numbers, it wouldn't cause problems for non-plussers. Examples could be:
-boolean parameter "No plus" for "Warp" that disables the warp for JJ2+ users
-similar things for many other events
-new options in the easy/normal/hard/multiplayer list like "Plus only", "LRS only", "Race only" etc. (only possible if normal JJ2 ignores events with difficulty set to something nonexistent)

Also, as most community members have already switched to Plus, I think that a cooperation with the list server shouldn't be impossible. It's clearly stated here that custom game modes could possibly be supported by the listserver and now that we finally have them semi-implemented into JJ2 it might be the time to implement them into the lists too. No more "unknown", just 'clear' (or at least more to-the-point) things like "Race" "Co-op" "LRS" "Pestilence" "XLRS" "RT" "DCTF" "JB" "FR" "GF" "Hotel". Of course clearer names are fine too. It's just not fair to call GroundForce a Treasure Hunt game D:

For more event ideas, just put a PM in my inbox (causing a mail in my mailbox which in turn causes a popup on my monitor) and I'll get my RRR concept ideas to see what kind of events my brains have produced in the past.