View Single Post

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jul 9, 2008, 06:33 AM
I had an idea for a custom gamemode. I've asked a few people about it and messaged Blur about it, but since everyone seems to like it already, I'll just post it here.

The gamemode will be called Metal Gear Rabbit. One player gets to be Snake, and all other players will be Rabbits. Snake's objective is to destroy a trigger crate (or more) without being shot. He only has one life and one heart. The Rabbits have to hunt him down before he gets to the trigger crate.

This is a really hard task, so here's how Jazz2+ can help with that. When the game starts, the console says "{player} is now Snake." From that moment, whoever became Snake will have his name changed to be invisible. This makes it easier for him to hide behind layer3 scenery and in dark environment. Also, being Jazz is an advantage, since Jazz stands completely still when idle, and he has a bandana. Which makes him cool. Spaz could also duck or look up to create a pose in which he stands completely still, but you get the idea. A proper Metal Gear Rabbit level would have to feature layer3 obstacles, multiple routes to the objective and freezing weapons. Now here's a few thoughts about the gameplay I'd like your opinion on.

What if the Rabbits also had one heart, but the bodies would remain, as if frozen (if possible with Jazz+)? That would encourage a bit more combat, but it would also give away an estimated position of the Snake. Frozen Rabbits will not be able to chat or move.

My other idea is to completely discourage combat by giving Snake one heart, as usual, and the Rabbits would get three hearts.

Either way, I suggest that there could be a function which alters the amount of time a player remains frozen when hit by ice. This way, Snake could immobilize a Rabbit that's in the way and sneak past. When the guard 'unfreezes', he'll be able to talk again, which in effect can be hazardous for Snake.

If these options can be intergrated, the rest could be done with creative level design. I myself am really hyped of the idea that a sneaking game like this could be done in JJ2. Feedback is much appreciated.