View Single Post

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Jul 9, 2008, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Slow gameplay isn't fun enough, also it'd be too unbalanced. After all the snake guy can't rely on anything except hiding. The other team could just camp near the crates and wait for the snake to arrive. Maybe snake should have extra abilities to help him survive like Snake from MGS?
You have a point there... Well, as I said, the enhanced Freezer gun could help. The server could make the freezing effect last longer. Guards wouldn't be equipped with ice, only with blasters and maybe RF's or something.

The 'camp near the objective' is indeed a bit of a nasty situation. Maybe if there's just more than one possible crate for Snake to aim for.

... and it may seems really unbalanced because Snake only has one heart, but the alternative isn't great either, 'cause that would give Snake the option to run for the crate, maybe get hit once and demolish it even though he was seen and shot.

I'll think of something overnight, in the meanwhile, if Blur reads this, I'd like to hear wether the named functions (invisible name, one heart only for Snake, longer freeze duration, etc.) could be made possible with Jazz2+. Otherwise, I'll have to tweak this gametype even more.

Edit: About the crate camping, local triggers can make it possible for only Snake to enter a certain area. Multiple routes would lead to this area, in which is the objective crate. A simple warp at the end of a route could get Snake into this area, while a Trigger Scenery wall makes it impossible for Rabbits to go there.