View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 19, 2009, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
This is an atrocious level. There's a fine line between challenging and frustrating, and this level is a few light years past it. There is no skill involved, and to win the level you have to spend and absurd amount of time pouring over every possible inch of a ton of massive mazes to find some little hidden passage. Then you wander around a maze completely blind. Then there are many places which attempt to force you to die/get jazz to crash by saving the game in a much too large level just before finishing. These are not puzzles, and this is not a puzzle level. Puzzles require thought. These are just the dumb "find the crate" type search found on many levels taken way too far. In addition, the eycandy's not that good, and there are several instances of tiles used on both layer 3 and 4, which is just annoying. Don't waste you time downloading this level. It will be faster and more fun to open JCS, make a start zone in the middle of a box of hurts, then save and run. Then play for several hours.
Always good to see people who agree with this! QoB is a bad level. The part where it really crosses the line is when it tells you to save the game, when it will always crash if you do so!

There are a lot of "classic" level packs which I have disliked in the past, but have come around to enjoying. An example is tomb rabbit, which I used to criticize a lot, but have since changed my mind on (I'm working on a big, positive review of it which I'll post on my blog soon). QoB on the other hand I have always disliked, and more than that, my opinion of it has gotten worse over time. It's not only unfun, but literally unplayable if you get far enough.

I suppose it does count as a puzzle level though!

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)