View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Sep 26, 2016, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
License agreement distributed with the game prior to The Secret Files explicitly forbids both creating and playing custom JJ2 level packs without authorization from Epic. Exact quote: "You are expressly prohibited from creating, using or selling any unauthorized level packs, add-on packs or sequels based upon or related to the SOFTWARE". The same license also refers to the characters as "Jazz Jack Rabbit" and "Spaz Jack Rabbit". The Secret Files license contains neither of those.
Here's a quote from the JCS digital manual(For those unaware: In the top bar, mouse over "Help", then click "Contents")...
Quote:
We at Epic encourage you to make your own levels with your own tilesets and share them with friends and family, put them om your homepage and so on, as long as you do not sell your tilesets or levels.
My guess is that someone on the legal team misinterpreted "Do not sell your tilesets or levels" as "Do not distribute your tilesets or levels." By the time TSF was being made, they must have noticed and corrected this. Speculation aside, since this addendum is in the manual for the 1.23 version of JCS, the thing in the license agreement was almost certainly a mistake.

Also, I'm aware of the typo in the quote above("put them om your homepage"); the typo is in the original text, and I decided to leave it in