View Single Post
Moosatronic

JCF Member

Moosatronic has disabled reputation

May 7, 2018, 09:50 PM
My best memory

I got into Jazz Jackrabbit 2 at a young age, it was my first online game, and as an awkward kid I could say that my first friends ever were made on Jazz Jackrabbit 2 servers. Before there was Minecraft, VRChat, or Roblox, I was role playing on "hotel" servers and downloading all kinds of maps that people had made as "Psyash" my horrible cringey first username.In one sense Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was the forerunner to the above games I mentioned in user generated content, it's level creator was nothing else at the time and as an aspiring game developer I dabbled in video game development with creating my own tilesets and levels. In a time where I felt like I had very little control over my life as a kid, there was no limits to the levels I could create and this was how I escaped from my situation as a kid.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was an essential part of my childhood that still stays with me today, learning about people in JJ2 also led me to begin to become better at interacting and learning about people in real life, and for that I am indebted to the game, its developers and this community.