View Single Post
D-TurboKiller

JCF Member

D-TurboKiller is doing well so far

Jul 13, 2010, 04:05 AM
Super Mario Fusion Revival: Diamondus Level (by me)

First of all, if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the website:
EDIT: IPBFree went down yesterday (Forever), so here's the new forum link, as we had to start over:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/index/
Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is the main game, but Super Mario Fusion: Revival is also an important spin-off. And, by the way, the new playable SMF version's out, so you might want to check it out.

Jazz Jackrabbit Diamondus remake for Super Mario Fusion: Revival
(This forum really needs some YouTube integration in here)

From the description:
Code:
Estimated finishing time: less than 3 minutes
If you thought this was long gone, think again.
The canceled MKF level comes revamped for Super Mario Fusion. Diamondus is the very first planet you come across in Jazz Jackrabbit. Contrary to what you think, however, this level is much harder and includes only Mario-based enemies.
This is level 6-S1, it should be inspected and merged soon enough once all the necessary tweaks are made.
This is my first SMFR video, and as such, seeing this old level in 720p brings a tear to my eye. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making and playing it.
I think this is quite a nice gift for the community. At first I also wanted to make the level longer and even include JJ enemies, but considering they weren't that amazing (not to mention some of them huge) and could possibly make it less enjoyable for this type of game, I decided not to include them.

I also had my much older version of the level, for anyone who's interested. This one's the MKF version, it's quite long and the enemies are a total mashup, not to mention there was a slew of bugs, especially on the last part with the POWs, but here it is if you're curious enough:
(low FPS on Part 2, my lappy sucked back then)
Part 1
Part 2

If you're interested on these projects, keep checking the forums there for some nice goodies and info, though the forum's not quite as alive as this one and there's only a select few who come there a lot (like me, heh), though it's been more alive recently due to the influx of new players.
I'd definitely like to know what you guys think about this. It took me quite a while to finish it.

Turbo's YouTube channel
(Mostly MKF and SMF videos, sometimes old-school or modern gaming material)

Last edited by D-TurboKiller; Jul 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM.