View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Sep 22, 2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaboomAri View Post
Great ! I still think that the lizards were fine as they were..
But anyway, can't wait for 1.3 woo!
Fluid camera is awesome! Hope you add some support for Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for windows. Great job! :P
Actually the current version (v1.2) already has an Xbox 360 controller support.

A few updates:
* When having a conversation with another NPC, it is no longer possible to move, and the camera looks between the two characters.
* Completely fixed fluid camera - had some troubles with that previously, even tried to recode it completely.
* The crosshair stays more or less the same size on the screen, if it moves too far away - this helps to aim better.
* Fixed the wierd stuff of jazz moving really fast if you fall - now the speed is much more persistent (As in, you can't increase your travel speed nearly as much as you could before, when jumping).
* Jumping controls are better overall, they feel more fluid.
* When jumping or falling, Jazz's model rotates Lugaru/Overgrowth style (Goes head first when going up, but feet first when falling).

Next up:
* Updated conversation engine - it will be possible to have more interesting conversations, were you could ask multiple questions and give different answers to other NPC's.
* Working on a new Jazz's model. (This will take more time to do)
* More maps.

Porting Jazz3 over to Unreal 227 proves to be much more difficult than I previously thought, I believe it isn't impossible, though.