View Single Post

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Jan 19, 2012, 07:35 PM
Back in the day I played around with this alot, I'm willing to help out.

First off, do you have the J3CS patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post

If I ever release an update, here's some stuff that I have yet to work on/fix
* Improve menus, fix some display problems.
* Make the jumping height depend on how long you hold the Jump key.
Menu's. Ill take a look into this. Jump height thing, I would suggest just a short/high jump, not the many midgrounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post

I remember trying to get some sort of patch like that to work, but I couldn't for some reason, did it use some sort of server that is no longer up? (Sorry, I'm not actually that much into the whole online web functionality stuff)

As for truly expanding the game - In short, the chances are great.

The first thing I will do later on to expand the game's content like that is to get some of the other Dream Cells to work. There are a lot of other Dream Cells in the code actually, but none of them work properly besides the three available ones in the actual demo ( Normal, Ice and Fire ).

Adding models to the game is just... I don't know, I can't do it at the moment, so weapons and enemies will have to wait.
The treasure hunt code works perfectly fine online already. The battle code needs to be completely restructured, but that could be snatched in part from UT99 if there is motivation to. CTF works pretty well too but you only ever join Red Team.

EDIT:
In the code there is content for Assault, CTF, Deathmatch and Domination copied directly from UT99 that could potentially be activated. It also includes halfwritten code for a Co-OP mode, and a game called "Leader of the Pack"
ENDEDIT

If I recall, there are some dream cells that did work properly in the demo, Ill play around an let you know. I think Bubble and Earth were the ones that did though.

Model Importing, you know I think I actually have a solid idea how to do that, let me experiment.

Next off,
-the inventory (Default "n") needs fixing or removal.
-When you change the "Target" setting to detached mouse in the options all Jazz's animations break
-when going to JRocket2 you get an Error "Cannot Find starting point"

Last edited by plunK; Jan 19, 2012 at 07:51 PM.