View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 23, 2015, 02:38 AM
Being a JJ fan & people's reactions

Jelly Jam's signature gave me an idea for this thread.

How would you describe the way people around you have treated your expressed love for the Jazz Jackrabbit games? Over years, or just now, depends on how long and how much you've been spending your time on the violent action games.

For instance, for me it was something like this:

Colleagues in high school: "colorful bunnies? haha what a faget. play quake it's a real game cuz it has blood"
Colleagues in primary studies: "that's cool I guess. I don't care actually. wanna get drunk at 9PM?"
Colleagues in secondary studies: "wow that's so awesome, people still play it? oh man, that game was the bomb when I was a kid! keep it up!"

And here's how my parents reacted:
When I was 13: "oh that's so cute. this game is so cute. these pictures are so cute. keep doing that"
When I was 18: "aren't you too old for this? get a grip. this can't be your future. you're just playing games and drawing things from them"
Now when I'm 26: "those bunny drawing things were great actually. can't you monetize them? at least that's one thing you're good at"

so, your turn now

(EDIT: I love the word filter. I'm keeping it unedited)

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)