Thread: WebJCS
View Single Post

JCF Member

djazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHARTdjazz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit View Post
Animations, perhaps? There doesn't seem to be a properties editing window yet, and as far as I can tell, you haven't implemented the random adder amplitude for frame wait. (And depending on how you've been doing animations so far, implementing it may require you to recode a significant portion of them.) Also anything you could do to speed up startup time would be much appreciated.
There is now an Animation Properties window, open it by rightclick on an animation. I haven't planned about Random Adder, but if it turns out simple I could implement it. I'm doing animations by calculating time offset, I guess JJ2 don't do this.
About startup-time I don't think I can do much more. Reading 100-200 tilesets just to get version and title is slow :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Wait wait wait. The random adder thing actually does something? I wish I'd known that, oh, about ten years ago...
From the JCS help:
Quote:
Random adder amplitude for frame wait
This value is used to make the wait between animation cycles semi-random. A random number in the range [-1..1] will be multiplied with the random adder amplitude value and added to the amount of frames to wait between cycles. So, if the amount of frames to wait is 10 and the random adder values is 4, the animating tile will wait anywhere between (10-4=) 6 and (10+4=) 14 frames after each animation cycle.
Level Packer v2 - With a GUI!
PHP Tileset Compiler