Thread: Bug Report Joystick no longer works
View Single Post

JCF Member

French is doing well so far

Jul 1, 2019, 06:29 AM
Angry Joystick no longer works

I don’t know if this applies to all joysticks, but at least, my gamepad does not work with JJ2+.
  • When it’s connected to my computer when I run JJ2+, my rabbit always looks up when it stops (I can still play with the keyboard).
  • The button 3 works like the Enter key.
  • I didn’t find another effect. The gamepad buttons don’t work, I can control neither my rabbit neither the menu with my gamepad.

I didn’t study this bug completely, but here you have the symptoms of something bad so I feel it’s enough to study it yourself as skilled developers (if you have a joystick). My gamepad works very fine in vanilla JJ2. I don’t have another joystick; I hope my problems are not linked to my model but rather to some bad hack of JJ2+ developers.

I’ve noticed that there’s some ‘Controls’ item in the in-game menu, which allows to set an effect to mouse events. I feel this feature should have been placed in the usual Options menu… Well, from my point of view, it’s something barely useful that messed the original Controls feature and that hinders my sister and me to play JJ2+ on my computer. But I’m still happy that there are people who are keen to add new features to JJ2.