View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 8, 2014, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
AngelScript usually allows me to make Jazz run at higher speeds than 4 or 8, but in some levels, or maybe when I'm standing on the ground, the x speed is limited to 4 on walk and 8 on run.
There is so far no reliable way to set player speed to values above 8. I would be able to write a workaround in AngelScript but I guarantee it's a better idea to wait for proper implementation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
I also can't find the variables corresponding to the spike boll's Sync, Speed etcetera, assuming they are part of var[11].
I won't look into this, but I see no reason why the objects would ever need to contain sync. Sync is only necessary on object initialization when it needs to learn about its current angle, so there's no reason to store it, it just loads it from event parameters. And the angle is kept somewhere between var[] values. Speed, I don't know, sounds to me like a var[] thing but if it's not, it might be stored in xSpeed or ySpeed, or constantly get reloaded from the event if they didn't decide to optimize its code, you'll have to check on your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
And I can't change any object's animation speed. The animSpeed command seems to do nothing with eg. the Labrat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
animSpeed is almost never (maybe entirely never?) actually used to determine animation speed.
The animSpeed property, as far as I can tell, affects gem rings and some types of destructible scenery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
And this:
canvas.drawSprite([xPos], [yPos], [ANIM::set], [sub-anim], [frame], SPRITE::PALSHIFT, [param]);
Doesn't work. The param part isn't considered a valid part of the expression, as I keep on getting "No matching signatures for [expression]". So I can't change the deco's color.
Good thing it doesn't work because that's not what the function prototype looks like. Use the documentation. Or use the help debug messages you get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
And ... is there a way to check whether Jazz is standing on the ground? (like "platform", but checking for masked tiles instead)
Not through a direct variable, but something like jjMaskedHLine(player.xPos-12,24,player.yPos+20) should work. You can also perform a check for ySpeed==0 just to be sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
And the virtual keycodes wiki doesn't tell me which are the virtual keycodes for each letter.
Use an ASCII table instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
And I can't use the texture tools. It ALWAYS gives me "Identifier [style || texture] is not a data type".
Because you didn't provide a sample of code you used, God knows what you did wrong but you did something wrong.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.