View Single Post
incandescentembers

JCF Member

incandescentembers is doing well so far

Mar 16, 2014, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
I didn't play JJ1 but I can easily answer you can script nearly any enemy behavior you want and you cannot add any graphics at all unless you include them in the tileset. If they're present in the tileset, you can probably replicate any behavior as long as it doesn't involve external sounds as well, which there is no way to add.
Can it be animated? Let's say I will put all the tiles needed for animation of some enemy - will this work?

I know I may be asking for too much, but can any one show me how can I build the easiest enemy that comes to my mind: that spiky ball from Technoir, which just moves from one wall to another. Let's just say that I have a one tile ball in my tileset and I just want to add to that ball the exactly same behavior as the mentioned enemy from Technoir: that is, moving horizontally from one wall to another. It hurts you when you touch it, you can kill it. Pretty plzzz?

Quote:
If butterflies count. This question looks unclear to me because you appear to be specifically asking for modifying JJ2 and not anything related to scripting, and this is essentially a scripting thread.
Sorry. I wanted to ask if it's possible to add the new enemies to the system, so they will work in JCS just like the original enemies, so the noobs like me won't have to use any script, will just go to JCS, bring up the enemy list and place them in the level. But you already said that AngelScript does not modify JCS.

Quote:
Yes as long as you aren't specifically asking for 3D bonus stages like those JJ1 has. JJ2 doesn't use gems for anything but points. It was supposed to give you an extra life for every 100 gems but from what I recall they couldn't get the code to work correctly and it was commented out.
No, absolutely no 3D bonuses. Just a regular JJ2 level which is entered like a bonus (that is, after collecting something in the previous level, at the end of that level it warps you to the bonus level).

Quote:
It already does.
Maybe I'm tripping, but doesn't the original secret level in Medivo crash in JJ2? I remember that there was something wrong with that.