View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Apr 28, 2014, 12:26 AM
Stijn: I've gotten the file size down some, and I'm looking into what I can do to bring it down further. It's definitely a bummer, as the port is as close to perfect as can be otherwise. I can't speak to how JCS works in a standard Wine setup, as what I'm using is a slightly customized Wine container system. However, I can say that it works outstandingly well with the Wine tools I'm using.

Robo4900: Thanks! Linux support is absolutely possible. Note that I'm *not* committing to anything (yet), but when I'm done with JCS for Mac and the other project I mentioned, *maybe* I'll look into bringing JCS to Linux. It shouldn't be too much work to find a Wine container system for Linux similar to what I'm using for OS X, and I could use the .dll files and other work I've already completed for the Mac port. That said, I don't claim to be a Linux expert whatsoever, so we'll see. Again, there areno Linux-related promises I can make at this time. I'm not as worried about Linux users, though; the majority of people I know who use Linux already know their way around Wine, therefore making a super-user-friendly JCS port for Linux doesn't seem to be quite as necessary in my mind.

Everyone reading this: I am interested in determining user interest in a Linux port of JCS. How many people would use it? Are you Linux users already using JCS with your own Wine setup anyway, thus rendering my port redundant?