View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

May 2, 2014, 02:23 PM
Exclamation Release Details

Alright, after several years of working (on and off) on this project, it's finally time for me to share the release details - while also making the other announcement I mentioned in the original post.

JCS for Mac is not the only Mac port that you'll be able to download when I finally post the download link(s) for your viewing pleasure. At this time, I'm pleased to announce that I've also successfully ported JJ2+ to Mac OS X using the same method as JCS for Mac. I repeat: a JJ2+ for Mac package will also be available for download.

So here's the deal: when the time comes that everything is ready and you're able to download these ports to your very own Mac, I'll be posting two download links. It's important that you understand the difference between the two and that you download the bundle that works best for your situation. Each download has been tested on Mac OS 10.9, but should work on any Intel Mac with Mac OS X 10.6 and up.

1.) The first download is the one that the vast majority of users will probably want. This bundle contains JJ2+ for Mac as well as JCS for Mac. This is for people who do not have a working copy of JJ2 installed anywhere, who want to be able to enjoy the full experience on their Macs. Please note, there will be two versions of this same bundle available. The link I'll post here on J2O will not contain the .j2e files, .j2b files, or .j2l files you'd get with the registered copy of the game; you will need to provide these files (this is so that we're not just giving away a copy of the entire registered game for free). Of course I'll post instructions on how to copy these files to your JJ2 for Mac install; doing so is easy, provided you do have a registered copy of the game. Elsewhere on the Internet, there will be a bundle that does include all these files. However, due to J2O's policy regarding piracy, I won't be posting that here.

2.) The second download will contain only JCS for Mac, as well as all the tile sets you'd have access to with the normal registered version of JJ2. This bundle is meant for users who may have a PC with JJ2 and only want to use JCS on their Mac. The "save and run" function in JCS will not work in this bundle, as JCS will not have access to a Jazz2 executable.

The goal is for these download links to be ready for your clicking pleasure sometime tomorrow (Saturday, May 3). However, I've been rather busy with my cute (but crazy) toddler at home, so there may be a slight delay - the worst-case scenario would be the downloads going live on Sunday instead.

So, JJ2+ and JCS for Mac. Released this weekend. Get excited.

Any questions?