View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

May 4, 2014, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW
You are amazing man. Hands down amazing.
That's high praise coming from you, my friend; thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod
I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE WINKING ABOUT WEBSITES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum
How did you do it?
Both JCS and JJ2+ are running on Mac OS X using a recent version of Wine. The main problem I've had all these years (of working on this as a passion project on and off) is coming up with a way to actually distribute a working copy of JCS and JJ2+ that others could use with minimal setup; I've personally had JCS and JJ2 working on my Macs for around half a year. I was recently made aware of an awesome utility called Wineskin Winery that creates portable Wine 'containers' for Windows games and applications. JJ2 and JCS didn't work out of the box using Wineskin Winery, but after much tweaking and one weird DLL hack, the port I'm about to release was born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEOPLE WHO WANT THE PORT
Where's the port, BN? WHERE IS IT?!
I'm sure you've all noticed by now that I haven't posted the download links today. Rest assured, I'm extremely close and hope to on Sunday (May 4th). The actual port is working just fine and I've ironed out the last-minute bugs prior to release. Now that I'm ready to distribute all the hard work, I'm encountering a rather stupid problem with the actual installer. I think I've already figured out how to fix it though, so that shouldn't cause much of a delay.