View Single Post
AvalancheMaster AvalancheMaster's Avatar

JCF Member

AvalancheMaster is doing well so far

Jul 16, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hey, guys, I have some questions, all of which fall under one category, namely: I can't quite understand the way AS refers to objects. If I change an object behavior, would it change just for one instance of the object, for every instance created after the change, or for all instances? Here are some of the things I'm trying to achieve, bear in mind that I have very basic programming skills (some C++, some BASIC, some Python and a lil' bit of WarCraft 3 JASS):

1. How can I palshift the colors of all instances of an object, namely snow? I'm using a modified (through AS) version of Blade's FoFS tileset, and the dirt uses the same gradient as the "dirt", as seen below. I want to shift it to the "grass" (144-159) range.

2. A more complex question: how can I create a basic walking enemy that uses Jazz' stoned sprites, but with changed colors?

3. Is it possible to rotate the texture of the textured background by 90 degrees?

4. Just an additional question to Violet, is it feasible to use different J2A file through AS? I know it's not a CURRENTLY AVAILABLE option, I'm asking if it's a possible one. Of course, the palette should match the original Jazz palette.