View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Jul 26, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hello again, folks!

Sorry for my sudden silence. As it turns out, the Mac I was using for the creation of this project finally crapped out on me after a solid 6 years of use. Luckily, I was able to replace it relatively expediently!

So, a status update: I didn't lose any major progress on this project, and my JJ2+ for Mac release is coming soon. The delay right now is that I've hit a minor snag in figuring out how to distribute the "mostly legal version" that requires you (the user) to insert their own files from a registered copy of JJ2. And it's that "mostly legal version" that's going to be posted here on J2O.

That said, as I mentioned there is also a "less legal version" of JJ2+ for Mac I've created which just contains a fully working install of JJ2+ with all the registered game files included. I will post back soon when the download for that version exists, but I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU'LL DOWNLOAD IT FROM.

As for the "mostly legal version," I'm working on it - and now I have a working Mac to use, working on it is going faster than it was. Stay tuned.