View Single Post
Soulweaver

JCF Member

Soulweaver is an asset to this forum

Jul 13, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComputer View Post
Do you plan for another video?
EDIT: What program do you use for the buttons on the title bar?
Eventually, when there's actually enough new stuff to show I got a bit sidetracked with playing several visual novels (Rewrite, Steins;Gate, Muv-Luv) recently, so I haven't been working on Project Carrot too much, but rest assured I haven't forgotten about this at all.

The title button software I'm using is Actual Title Buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
Wow, that is awesome! I mean, it's awesome anyway, but what you just said made it even more awesome(I would point out all the good things about the PNG format and RGB/Alpha, but anyone who doesn't know what all this means can just google it).
By the way, do you think it will be possible to have a high-resolution/HD mode, which would have double-sized sprites(Perhaps it could include an "animsHD.j2a" file, or something?), and allow tilesets with double-sized tiles?
I just noticed I completely missed this post earlier, so better late than never. A HD mode could be a nice feature, but while I won't say that won't happen, implementing such mode is not a high priority at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
Yes, although you must realize simplifying things doesn't always make them easier to use. And large portions of C++ code for drawing sprites, collision detection etc., can be successfully copied from older projects, assuming you had any. If I had had a ready level previewer in C++, I'd have used that to record the demo instead, but all I had at that moment was a GML one, so I used that.
Late response to this as well. Yes, I'm well aware. For instance, I struggled to make proper looking menus back when I actively used GM; they always ended up looking simple or awkward and utilized way too many objects. As for code snippets, I guess that's true, though I don't really have any

Last edited by Soulweaver; Jul 13, 2013 at 01:32 PM.