View Single Post

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 19, 2015, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
The owner of the server is the one who decides what should happen. And what if the owner is absent? You can vote until Judgment Day but nobody will be able to do shit because the one in charge, the one wielding admin powers, just happens to be doing something else. Okay, a moderator might do too, but still. Democracy in JJ2? Come on, He who controls the server is the absolute and only ruler. No opposition, no voting, no power for the masses. And even if there's a voting going on, the owner is allowed and fully capable to deny said voting.
Be ever judicious!

I think voting is a perfectly reasonable idea, especially for dedicated servers and perhaps even for things like JDC events. If most people in a server dislike the current level and there's not admin around, changing the level via voting beats having to look for a new server any time, I think.

I recall BlurredD talking about wanting to implement voting a while ago, but I don't think anything ever came of it.