View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 2, 2014, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSplatinum View Post
However, I want to denote that the premise of "Sonic with a gun" is kind of broken with a Jazz as the main character.
"Sonic with a gun" was a preexisting, probably somewhat derogatory description for Jazz Jackrabbit which I am RECLAIMING. Also, there isn't a suitable sprite sheet of actual sonic that I could use, and I don't feel like drawing one myself.
That's definitely an interesting listening experience! Kind of trippy, as it were. I'm not at all sure JJ1 could handle it, though, at 24mb? I'm doing very little editing to the JJ1 .exe itself, so "implementing .ogg into JJ1" is out of the question.

Since the last time I looked, I found this tool for converting .mid to .s3m, which combined with this .mid database and convert.exe should give me enough possible options for each song that at least one will probably play semi-plausibly... genesis vgm to .mid (manual) to .s3m (automatic) to .psm (automatic) is not as direct a translation as one might hope, but it's faster than asking you to remix idk how many songs in a few weeks in such a way that a 1994 DOS program can play them correctly.