View Single Post

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Aug 3, 2008, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Also more ideas, those are more complicated, but I feel like sharing:

A /status command that you can execute as a client. Displays information about the server, like max health, whether things like da, hfk, frustration, instagib, extended tnt range and damage, spectating, multiversion, kicking idlers are enabled or not.

That would be better than to ask the host about everything.

Different server configuration profiles, which are set up in the ini file and are loaded via a command. Currently, you can only have only one profile.
For example, you could set up a normal battle profile, a CTF one and a duel one. Loading the duel profile you've earlier set up would disable autostart, autocycle, will set max players to two and will make the server private. Or whatever you've entered in the ini file.

A save state feature, useful if a match has been interrupted because of a certain reason and it must be resumed later. It could save the teams, players/teams' scores, whether a player has flag or not, ammo and PUs.

Well, those things don't seem as they're really necessary but would make hosting easier.
While these are all very good ideas, most of them are more suited for a dedicated server type program. Implementing them in a hosting program would be cool though.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this