View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Sep 9, 2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheMaster View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

1. The rain is translucent, and the layer is set at a high autospeed, so it isn't as noticable ingame.

2. Point taken. I will remove the vines.

Also, thanks for mentioning that tilebug, didn't see it before.

4. I should, yes. But my guess is that if somebody tries to wallclimb, he might as well try to cheat - and I can't prevent him from doing so.

5. True that, but the problem is that if I try to make it less blocky, there are some masking problems, resulting in the player getting stuck.

Also, does anyone know a way to extract a palette from a tileset? It would be much easier to edit it directly, than guessing.

Cheers, mate!
Wallclimbing is different from walljumping. Wallclimbing is getting stuck in the wall with spaz, while walljumping is gathering speed to jump up higher onto a wall (which can be done with any, spaz just gets you higher).

I extract pallettes quickly and easily with this method (no one has explained the quickest method, don't use MSpain for it). It can also be easily modified:

1. Download tileset extractor (cooba has the link, no point of me posting it again)

2. Download graphics gale. You only need the free version, the retail version only lets you save in formats you don't need for tilesets. I recommend this program because it allows you to edit the pallette directly, and preview the image at the same time, unlike with non 8-bit pallette based programs where you have to edit each colour manually in the image. Link: http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/
Disclaimer: I'm sure there are other pixelart programs that can do this as well, though I'm just explaining the program I'm most used to.

3. Find the appropiate J2T file, and open/use it with tileset extractor.

4. Open graphics gale. You will only need the pallette dock. Close the others. Open the converted PNG tileset file. When you click on a single colour in the pallette and modify it, it will change all of the parts in the image which use that colour. Undo (CTRL + Z) if you're not happy with the change.

5. If that's not what you meant, then I know the other solution which is possible too, in which I extract parts of pallettes from other tilesets.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ