View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 17, 2006, 02:59 PM

I had this uncanny feeling I had been here before. This room looked terribly familiar, with a row of magical runes written up the walls and across the ground and ceiling. Surely this was partly due to us having encountered similar set of runes in Unfooruman’s citadel. In the case of his citadel, the runes were enchanted so you could only cross them one way - ideal for trapping people. A cold wind blew through the tunnel, and I could see frost growing on the walls in the distance. No doubt Araches would start complaining about the cold again soon.
“Archmage Fooruman,” I addressed the wizard, who was sitting in his canoe and staring at the wall. I was glad he idling, because the sound of someone rowing a canoe over a stone floor got very annoying. “You’re a wizard. Can you tell me what these runes do?”
The old man in a purple dress looked down at his body, staring in amazement. “By the ultimate Foo… I AM A WIZARD!”
“Yes... yes you are. And those runes-”
“Begone, green nonwizard dog,” he said, jabbing me in the ribs with a canoe oar. I thought about jabbing him back with my spear, but starting a conflict with my own allies was the last thing we needed right now. Though if he used Uberbob’s term “green dog” again, I just might have to.
I slowly shuffled towards the front of the party, next to L33tz4n. If I moved fast, maybe I could be in charge for a while.

… I was starting to notice that we lacked a real leader, though. I hadn’t even entered the lair and could tell we were as good as screwed.

Inventory

Code:
 Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Tarot Cards Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts