Thread: Swifthawk
View Single Post
Speedy

JCF Member

Speedy is doing well so far

Dec 23, 2001, 01:54 PM
Swifthawk... (cont.)

Swifthawk rolled off his bed and woke to the sunlight from his doorway. A figure cast a shadow upon the ground. "Good morning, Speedy." He was amazed at Speedy's new appearance. For once he stood proud and eager, instead of scared, and slump. Minutes later Swifthawk was also suited in armor, armed with a shortsword, two daggers, and a thin, curved blade. The two set out towards a clearing in the woods, Swift's preferable training grounds. Swift had arranged a friend to meet them.

"Speedy," Swift called out. "This is my friend defalcon. Def, this is Speedy." Speedy looked up and gave a faint wave, as he was naturally shy. Swift continued, "He'll show you anything that I can't."

Defalcon and Swifthawk both began sparring, first demonstrating proper dagger jabs. Soon enough Speedy joined in, starting slow but growing quicker as he caught on. On several occasions Swift was nearly pinned to the ground only inches from Speedy's blade. After several hours, Swift looked at the sun, dropping farther into the trees as it set.

Swifthawk motioned to defalcon and stepped away from Speedy to talk. "Def, I have a duel to fight," Swift explained, "and I need you to train Speedy in some basic woods stealth. I'll be off now." He turned away and left briskly.

Mutilius hid in a branch looming over the misty paths, longsword in grasp, awaiting Swift's arrival. Swift, on the other hand, strode unaware, expecting a proper meeting. He had come armed only with his trusted curved blade and mask, without heavy plates and pads.

Speedy and defalcon crawled under deep brush through the silent forest. Branches and briars scratched at Speedy's face, but he kept on, ignoring a cut on his leg growing deeper every few feet. Defalcon, with dagger in hand, cleared as many obstacles possible, making travel easier for young Speedy. Defalcon neared a path. Looking up, he saw a dark figure, resting upon a branch, bundled under a black cloak with sword in hand, he noted, fearful of attack.

MSN Messenger: rossbyrd@hotmail.com