View Single Post

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jan 20, 2011, 07:00 PM
Here are the winners for 2010! The awards have been given out using the exact same rules as last year. The top three in every category get awards, ties are allowed, and entries which only got one vote are eliminated.

If a mod or admin could put a link to this post at the top of the OP, I'd appreciate that. As for a J2O news post, I'll do one eventually unless someone else does it before I get to it.

-----

Best Level of 2010: Battle
Dream Stage by Snooze (7 votes)
EvilMike's not-so-evil-fortress by EvilMike (3 votes)
Surreal Suburbs by FireSword (2 votes)
Intercity Grudge Match by BlurredD (2 votes)
Gadgetary Abundance by TreyLina (2 votes)

Dream stage is a neat level, so I'm not surprised that it won. Interestingly, there was a 3-way tie for third place here.

Best Level of 2010: CTF
Employee of the Month by EvilMike (9 votes)
Minimal Duel by Snooze (6 votes)
Wicked Wood by FawFul (5 votes)

I'm actually surprised EotM proved that popular, given it was such a strange level. Still, the three winners here all won by a fairly clear margin (the 4th place only had 3 votes). It's a shame that the #2 level is no longer on J2O.

Best Level of 2010: Other Multiplayer
Platform Tests by EvilMike (9 votes)
Sernik Test by Ktos (5 votes)

Only two winners here (noting else in this category got more than one vote. Both of these levels are actually old, but were only uploaded to J2O in 2010. Of the two, Sernik Test is newer.

Best Multiplayer Pack of 2010
Scars of Chaos 2: War Torn Existence by BlurredD (14 votes)
Frog Force by Sir Ementaler (5 votes)

SC2 got the largest number of votes out of anything this year, and it's no wonder why. While the levels themselves are old, many of them are in newer versions, and most had never been uploaded to J2O except in other packs (eg AB packs). They are some of the best battle levels that have been made. Frog Force came in a respectable 2nd place.

Best Singleplayer Release of 2010
Dreamscape by Blackraptor (12 votes)
Psychedelic Experience by Blackraptor (3 votes)
Golden Mantis by Snooze (2 votes)

Dreamscape won by a landslide, and quite fairly. The second place winner was also by Blackraptor, and is just as high quality as the first (I suspect Dreamscape won because it is a full pack, rather than a standalone). The third place entry is also very good, but unfortunately it was deleted from j2o, and you won't be able to download it any more. This may be why it only received two votes.

Best Tileset of 2010
Raneforus V by Violet (9 votes)
Lava Fortress by Ob1mcd (6 votes)
Traditional Japan by DodgeS (6 votes)

All three were clear winners here (4th place got 2 votes), and all of them were high quality tilesets. It's good to see that even in 2010 people were making good tilesets.

Best JCSer of 2010
Snooze (11 votes)
EvilMike (9 votes)
Blackraptor (4 votes)

Last year I came in first and Snooze came in second; this year it was the other way around. Overall Snooze deserves it for the quality levels he made, and while many of them aren't available on J2O, if you want to play them there are people who can send the levels to you. Blackraptor came in a clear third for his quality single player levels. No one else got more than one vote.

-----

A good year overall. Let's hope 2011 is just as good. If I have to pick one category I was impressed by the most, it has to be single player (although for those of you who know me, you probably aren't surprised).

29 people voted this year, all of them in this thread. No one voted by PM, interestingly enough.

(Last year, 22 people voted and many of those were by PM.)

Click here if you want to see the exact breakdown of votes, or want to double check what I did.