View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 20, 2013, 07:59 PM
It occurs to me I might as well reply to this thread instead of just discussing its contents in private.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
Could you please implement a command that lets admins check players' IP in a more polite way than kicking them off the server?
As in remote admins? I guess that wouldn't be too difficult; what do you want it for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivando View Post
I believe this glitch is somewhat kind of a similar fashion, because it involves bullets shot while the player is moving diagonally, in slopes...
This is an old problem and much more general than the specific case you outlined. In short, a client destroying an object by shooting it does not register with the server unless the server and the player agree on where the bullet went. It's also really easy to demonstrate by setting up some trigger scenery. Unfortunately I don't think the chances are all that high of our getting to this one right away, since it's probably complicated and we really want to be done with this and take a break for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdMetal View Post
Of course, this would all simply be an automated method of having /autostop set to ON and manually changing the map server-side, but I believe it would enhance the overall JJ2+ experience, as well as serve as a foundation for other innovations in the future.
Maybe if such levels actually got played, but with their very existence only hypothetical, I'm not convinced that the autostop+/c solution isn't good enough.