View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Jan 29, 2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
I am reading your changelists! I played the unaltered JJ3 beta as if it were a full game back in the days, hehe. It's nice to see that you've put some work and passion into it.

I'll try your patch as soon as I find the time to install the beta again. Unfortunately, I have never build any experience with Unreal modding besides simple .ini tweaks, so I can't help.
Heh, thanks! :P

By the way, the new 1.1 release is coming very soon (Maybe even tomorrow, who knows).
Besides the actual updates you can also expect a complete changelist, user wishlist and a To-Do list, as well. I'll be updating that in the following releases, as well.

EDIT Here it is! The 1.1 Release
*Check the first post if you're interested in this outdated and unsupported release*
EDIT: The 1.1B release is here.
I noticed there were some nasty problems in the 1.1 version, so I decided to quickly
update it and release as the latest version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pzu83wj8hnwtw9x
Enjoy, and don't forget to leave freedback!

EDIT

Alright guys, looks like i've bumped into something awesome:

It looks like multiplayer of sorts does actually work!
I tested this between my PC and Netbook, it didn't work so well though. While the speed was great (Well, obviously), it seemed like the multiplayer game code just didn't cooperate with the code that I had been changing this whole time (By that I mean the stuff I did with the character code).

So I think It is clear now. The next target is pretty much the multiplayer!

Edit:

Kind of bad news actually. I can't seem to be able to fix the other character's rotation in the multiplayer (It still uses the old rotation code where jazz would rotate in the camera's direction), maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I've been editing the PlayerPawn actor (from the Engine package), but I can't see any difference when playing. And yes, I did put a copy of the package on my Netbook, as well (It wouldn't actually work othervise).

Last edited by JazzGruff; Feb 11, 2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: 1.1B Release! Multiplayer Works! ...Kinda.